How to Coupon at Dollar Tree
Can you get discounts where everything is already priced at a dollar? Yes, you can. At Dollar Tree, you could even walk away with items for free if you know how to coupon at this discount store. Couponing at Dollar Tree is pretty straightforward. They have an easily understandable coupon policy. The great thing is that you can stack different manufacturer coupons for bigger savings.
While couponing at Dollar Tree, remember that most items that will go for a dollar are small items. Look at your coupon’s fine print before trying to redeem.
Join Dollar Tree’s Value Seekers club
You can join Dollar Tree’s loyalty program called Value Seekers Club. Members get early alerts on special savings. You can customize the kind of alerts you want to receive. If you want toys, you will get alerts from this department only. You can save more by looking up coupons for the alerts you receive.
Couponing with Manufacturer Coupons
You can use manufacturer coupons with value on them e.g. $1 or $2. You can only use one manufacturer coupon per item. Dollar Tree will not give overage if the coupon exceeds the price but will instead adjust the coupon downwards. If you have a coupon valued $1.50 for a $1 item, the coupon’s value comes down to $1. In this case, you will walk away with the item for free but you will not have the $0.50 back.
But you can use an over-value coupon when buying multiple items. If you are holding a $2 coupon, for example, and need to buy three items ($3), this coupon can be used as it is ($2) because the total value of the items exceeds the coupon’s value.
Dollar Tree accepts both printable and newspaper coupons. Carry with you as many newspaper coupons as you can find. But you are limited to 4 like coupons per day. You can use as many newspaper coupons as you want on different orders.
Dollar Tree will also accept printable manufacturer coupons that are clearly indicated “Manufacturer Coupon”, carry an expiry date, and shows the manufacturer’s address. You are limited to two printable coupons per day.
Dollar Tree will accept your coupons for free items as long as there is an order to go with the free item. If you are holding a ‘Buy 1 Get 1 Free’, they will accept to give you the free item alongside the ordered one but they will not accept a $1.50 coupon on top of a free coupon, which would allow you to walk away with 2 free items.
Hunt for coupons on PCM app
If you have a smartphone, download PCM app and use it to hunt for the best deals on Dollar Tree as well as other stores. It will show you the best deals including coupons. The app is available for both Apple and Android smartphones.
Hunting for coupons on the shelves
There are brand names that will unexpectedly match your manufacturer coupons. Some are not very well advertised. Some of the brands you can find at Dollar Tree include Clorox, Vicks, Platex, and Kleenex, Gerber etc. if you have the time, browse the aisles and you will see unexpected matches.
Couponing and rebate apps
Popular rebate apps including Checkout 51, Ibotta and MobiSave will have items with cashback offers on top of using your coupons. Pay for your order applying your coupons, take a picture of the receipt and submit it for cashback to your PayPal.
Couponing on holiday shopping
Dollar Tree will usually offer percentage off coupons during holiday shopping, sometimes going up to 10% off. Follow their Facebook page starting October for these offers.
Know your coupon policy
Read and understand Dollar Tree’s coupon policy. You might need it. There are many different coupons for different terms and conditions. Sometimes the store employees themselves will be unsure of a coupon’s details.
You can bookmark the coupon policy on your smartphone, or carry a printed copy. You can show it to the cashier in case there is a dispute over redeeming your coupon. If that fails you can ask to speak to the management, who may be better informed and in a position to make a decision based on the coupon’s guidelines.
Save big on your everyday shopping
Many shoppers will associate Dollar Tree with off-brand names that are not well known, and cheap trinkets including party supplies. But you can find good deals on everyday items too and from well-known brands. You will see Pampers, Lysol, and Kraft etc. if you take time to browse the shelves.
Dollar Tree is a great place to redeem your $1.00/1 manufacturer coupons. You can walk away with lots of free items if you are carrying newspaper coupons for different items. It is also good to note that different Dollar Tree stores vary in stock. You can check out different stores if you have the time and walk away with lots of free stuff.
Some items, especially popular brands fly off the shelves because finding such bargains elsewhere would be nearly impossible. If what you are looking for is out of stock, ask the employees when the next stock is due in.
Dollar Tree is a great discount store for redeeming your coupons. The fact that you can redeem a coupon on an item going for a dollar means that you will be spending pennies.
Are you ready for couponing at Dollar Tree? Keep checking out this blog for more tips on big savings at Dollar Tree.
Dollar Tree Coupon Policy
DOLLAR TREE COUPON POLICY
*Please note that they DO NOT accept coupons online at DollarTree.com.*
- We accept Manufacturer Coupons only. We do not accept retail-specific coupons, such as those of Target, Wal-Mart, etc.
- We do not accept photocopies of coupons. Coupons must be intact and not altered or modified in any way.
- Coupons can ONLY be used in stores, must be presented at time of purchase, and cannot be redeemed for cash at a later time.
- Item purchased must match the coupon description (brand, size, quantity, color, etc.) and be presented prior to the expiration date printed on the coupon.
- We accept only one (1) Manufacturer Coupon per single item purchased.
- We accept coupons for over a dollar on a single item, but the coupon value will be reduced to the purchase price of the item.
- We cannot give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase price of the item.
- We accept coupons for over a dollar on multiple items if the coupon amount does not exceed the combined retail price of the items indicated.
- We accept up to four (4) like coupons per household per day.
- Coupons for free items are only accepted if a purchase is required to get one free (for example, Buy One Get One Free offers).
- Any applicable sales tax must be paid by consumer.
- We reserve the right to accept, refuse, or limit the use of any coupon.
- This policy is subject to all local, state, and federal laws and regulations where applicable.
- These guidelines apply to all coupons accepted at Dollar Tree (Manufacturer and Internet Coupons).
- We accept up to two (2) Internet Coupons per household per day.
- Internet Coupons must be a “Manufacturer Coupon”, have a valid expiration date, and must have a valid remit address for the manufacturer.
- We do not accept Internet Coupons for “Free” items with no purchase requirements.
- Duplicated (photocopies) Internet Coupons will not be accepted.
- Each Internet Coupon must have a different serial number.
Last Revision: July 28, 2014